Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A challenge for Lent

Lent starts today. I've always observed Lent, but I've never actually given anything up. No, I'm not Catholic, I'm Lutheran which is similar. And actually, we don't even go to a Lutheran church, we go to a Nazarene church. They usually don't give up anything for Lent either. This year Alan and I decided to try it out and see how much of a challenge this will be for us! I chose to give up chocolate, which is something I eat almost every day! I know it's bad, but I almost can't help it!! I love love love chocolate!!! I was going to try and do all sweets, but I honestly don' think I can go that far! I'm not big on candy, so that wouldn't be something to give up since I really don't eat it. Although, since I can't have chocolate, I may have to use candy as my last resort!! Today's the first day of Lent, and I already want some chocolate. Probably because I know I can't have it! I will be doing a ton of praying for the next 40 days! Lent ends on Easter Sunday, and I will be enjoying that Easter candy more then, than any other Easter!


Alan decided to give up cookies for Lent. He eats cookies and milk almost every day too. I know, we are awful!!! That is really the only sweet he eats, besides Reece's. I have a feeling he will slip and forget that he isn't suppose to have the cookies!

What are you giving up for Lent???????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl...our church is doing this too. Not really calling it lent since we are not catholic either but we have to give something up. Starts today, I know, but I am still debating! Good luck without chocolate--haha

Elizabeth said...

It's still called Lent silly, you just observe it in different ways. Some churches are a lot more stricter than others. Some don't count Sundays, so if I did that, technically I could eat chocolate on Sundays! I think that would take from the challenge, so I'm not.