Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, December 5, 2009

6 months and Christmas Toys

Six months ago today, we tied the knot. It's gone by so fast, I really can't believe it. We've had a lot of fun, although the first couple months were pretty rough. Many adjustments, compromising, and learning about each other. It's weird how much more you learn about someone after you get married! All the things I didn't know, or maybe I didn't realize them. I didn't think I could love Alan more than when we got married, but the last few weeks I have felt more love for him than ever. I love Brad Paisley's song..."I thought I loved you then" (well I guess some of that doesn't apply, haha) but it's really true. Anyway, I can't wait to see what the next 6 months and years ahead have in store for us.

This Christmas we are sponsoring 2 kids ( a 1 yr old girl, and 2 yr old boy) through DHS and buying gifts off their "wish list". I can't wait to buy their little toys! Too bad we can't see them open them and their reaction! I feel bad that these kids are in foster homes and have parents who don't love them (or love them enough to do what's right) and won't get Christmas presents. I can't imagine as a child, going through what some of them have to go through and the lives they have. Now that I'm older, I realize more that Christmas really is about giving and not receiving. I hope they enjoy their toys and Christmas....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thats awesome that yall are doing that. Your making their Christmas even better.